Friday, May 15, 2020

Analysis Of The Play Oedipus Tyrannous By Sophocles

Tamara McDowney Dr. Kwa LITR201 August 19, 2016 Dear Dr. Kwa, I chose to write about the play Oedipus Tyrannous by Sophocles, I found this play to be very encapsulating to the very end. I really enjoyed the suspense, as well as the turn of direction that the play took in the end as the plot thickened. In this essay, I will describe why I personally believe that this play was not just a tragic event and the many reasons why I believe that Oedipus can be viewed as a tragic hero by his actions throughout the play. I believe that some of my strengths in this essay will show that I have written a well-developed and explanatory essay that will prove to be true of my analysis of Oedipus’s heroism in his words to support my opinions. I know that some of the verses that I quoted form the play can be interpreted differently so I would definitely like to get your take on those quotes that I cited that you feel may have a deeper meaning or interpretation altogether. I also view this as my weakness because of the way that some of the verses are wor ded or the choice of words used, it was hard for me to understand as it sounded a bit off. I also know that I used a few large sections of quotes which I made up for in my in my word count. Tamara McDowney In the play Oedipus Tyrannous by Sophocles; I viewed Oedipus as a Tragic Hero. The reason I view Oedipus as a tragic hero is because a tragic hero is determined to be a character in a play with power or of royalty whose decisions orShow MoreRelatedEssay on Sophocles Oedipus Tyrannus1914 Words   |  8 Pages Oedipus Tyrannus† is â€Å"basically is a story of a man’s discovery through persistent inquiry that he is guilty of unwitting parricide and incest, and his horrified reaction to that discovery. In â€Å"Oedipus the King†, Oedipus king of Thebes unknownly killed his biological father and married his mother. On this Ancient myth, the playwright Sophocles weaves a complex story that can be interpreted on many different levels of intellectual thinking. This play, since the time it was staged has been subjected

No comments:

Post a Comment