Monday, August 19, 2019

Influential Essay :: essays papers

Influential Essay A lot of people take their driver’s license for granted, and believe me I use to take it for granted too. But ever since I lost my license, I will never take it for granted again. There are many ways to lose your license, but this is the way I lost mine. After I got done listening to music at the Concert Cafà ©, my friends and I went out to eat. When we were done eating, I told them I was going to head back home. They told me that they were going to stay in town for awhile. So, when I was about three quarters of the way home, all of the sudden a car just passed me. I noticed the car right away, it was my friends that said they were going to stay in town for awhile. So I caught up to them and we were going about 55 mph in a 35 mph speed limit. When my friends approached another car they passed him so I did the same. Now we were going about 65 mph in a 45 mph speed limit. My friends kept accelerating so I thought to myself, â€Å"How am I going to get pulled over if I am following another car?† After our speed finally settled at around 80 mph we were still in the 45 mph speed limit. About four miles later when were still cruising at 80 mph, but n ow in a 55 mph speed limit I saw red and blue lights in my rearview mirror. So, I pulled over and so did my friends. When the cop approached us he pulled ahead of me, but behind my friends. I thought to myself, â€Å"All right, I got away.† So I pulled back out on to the road, but the cop didn’t move out of the lane. Then I pulled back onto the shoulder of the road and the cop nestled his way in between my friends and myself. We both ended up getting a ticket for going 79 mph in a 55 mph speed limit. We both got a ticket for $172.90 and six points on our license. When I got my second ticker I was dropping off a letter to my priest and I was on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment